PMFAI is committed to deliver the affordable, better, safer & ecofriendly agrochemicals to farmers. PMFAI provides legislative, regulatory and legal support to member companies for expansion of off-patented and generic agricultural technologies among farmers in India as well as around the world. We frequently engage with our national and state leaders as well as regulatory agencies including the CIB&RC and the State Agriculture department in pursuit of science and farmer benefits.
PMFAI’s major focus is on communication outreach with various governmental and non-governmental stakeholders that helps its member companies to do business with ease.
PMFAI also supports its members companies to achieve following objectives:-
“Our vision is to provide affordable off-patented & generic crop protection products to Indian farmers and to promote the awareness of responsible use of pesticides as per Indian Governments’ Grow safe food policy”
“PMFAI realizes its vison by supporting regulatory evolution based on scientific principles, innovations, human safety and sound environment friendly policies”
- To protect and promote interests of the pesticide manufacturers & formulators engaged in all sectors
- To promote improvement or innovation in technologies of pesticides formulation and quality control
- To develop technical research in the methods of application and use of pesticides and associate closely in the national programme for increasing food production in the country
- To promote co-operation and exchange of information between its members
- To promote harmonious relationship between members of the Association.
- To subscribe, to become a member of or otherwise affiliate or co-operate with any other body in India or elsewhere with which the association has a common interest.
- To keep members informed and to protect and promote their common interest in connection with the Central Govt., State Govt., or other legislation pertaining to the industry whether enacted or proposed
- To protect the interest of the manufacturers & formulators in general, in any scheme for eg. allocation of raw materials, etc.
- To enter, into arrangement, with any, State or Central govt. or authority, whether supreme, municipal, local or otherwise that may seem conducive to the Association’s objectives and to obtain from any such authority all rights, concessions and privileges which the Association may consider it desirable to obtain, carry out, exercise and comply with.
- To Provide Environmental Protection Awareness
- To Provide Personnel Safety Protection Training
- To protect rights and interest of its members in Intellectual Property Rights
- To adopt Fair Trade Practices and Ethical Competition
- To guide in Safe Disposal of Packaging Material
- To provide Training on Judicious use of Plant Protection chemicals and promotion of IPM
- Education in New and Developing Technologies
- Competitive Agriculture
- Respect for the Country’s Mandated/Legal Regulations
- Non-Abuse of Intellectual Property Rights
- Safe Use of Agrochemicals
- Fair Trade Practices
- Improved Benefits to End Users Via Cost Reductions
- Molecule Group for the development of new molecules
- Export of agrochemicals