The 16th International Crop Science Conference & Exhibition (ICSCE 2022 Dubai) organized by Pesticides Manufacturers and Formulators Association of India (PMFAI) took place in Dubai at Le Meridien Hotels & Conference Centre, Airport Road, Dubai, UAE on 14th & 15th February 2022.
The two days’ event made an auspicious beginning with warm welcome address by PMFAI President Mr. Pradip Dave. ICSCE is an international platform for Agrochemical/Pesticide companies to develop strategic and sourcing relationships with international pesticide companies and to get updated on current trends in Agrochemical market. ICSCE is an annual international event organized by PMFAI to improve the health of Generic Pesticide Industry and to bring the researchers in the field of agriculture, pesticide manufacturers, agrochemical traders and allied industry under one roof. ICSCE provided opportunity for business expansion by way of joint ventures, bilateral trade, sub-contracting / contract manufacturing and distribution and networking opportunities for buyers and sellers to benefit mutually.
ICSCE 2022 Dubai organized coinciding with Dubai Expo by PMFAI was the first international physical event for Global Agrochemical and allied sector, which witnessed participation of delegates from across the globe.
Fifty leading companies showcased their product portfolios during the two days’ event. With 600 plus footfall and more than 500 registered delegates’ participation, the event was a resounding success. Delegates from various countries included – Argentina, Armenia, Brazil, Bangladesh, Columbia, Egypt, Ethiopia, UK, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Korea, Kenya, Kuwait, Malawi, Morocco, Nigeria, Palestine, Azerbaijan Georgia, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Syria, Singapore, Sweden, Hong Kong, China, Tunisia , Tanzania ,Turkey, United Arab Emirates (UAE) and Lebanon
The event hosted renowned pesticide scientists and industry experts, who gave presentations on various important topics, brief details of which are as given below:
- Mr. Vikram Shroff, Director, UPL Limited delivered Keynote Address. Mr. Vikram Shroff’s keynote address included brief details about achievement of Indian Agrochemical industry which remained self reliant during Covid period and industry’s contributions in supporting food chains and contain food price inflation.
- Current Scenario & Opportunity – Indian Agrochemical Industry: Mr. Abhishek Agarwal, President (Sales & Strategic Alliance), Bharat Rasayan Limited. The presentation captured present scenario concerning segment-wise domestic market; per capita consumption; top 10 agrochemical export destinations from India; top 20 imported products; interesting trends and India’s capabilities to manufacture multiple chemistries in agrochemical groups.
- Sustainable Formulation Technologies for Microbe based Bio solutions: Dr. Rene Haensel, Technical Director – Agriculture & Global Expert, Evonik Nutrition & Care GmbH for Europe, Middle East and Africa. The presentation included future visibility of microbe based business; information on how to make liquid microbe formulation with extended shelf life and excellent biological efficacy and Bio-pesticides based on microorganisms – potential for improvements.
- Croda Crop Care – Your Partner in Microbial Formulations: Mr. Om Dhande, Regional Sales Manager – South Asia, Croda India. The presentation briefed on approaches to biologicals; formulation challenges; formulation development; selecting of right formulations and Croda’s solutions and recommendations.
- Impact of New Chinese Energy Policy on Agrochemicals Market: Mr. Ajay Joshi, Senior Consultant – Chemicals, Materials & Nutrition, Frost & Sullivan, South Asia. The presentation gave overview of new Chinese Energy Policy; its impact and way forward – beyond the chemicals in Agrochemicals.
- Global Crop Protection Market Trends – Post pandemic recovery and future drivers including the impact of supply challenges from China: Dr. Bob Fairclough, Principal Consultant, Kynetec Germany. Dr. Bob Fairclough presented brief on market dynamics over time (with facts and figures) and future drivers related to Market; Industry; Regulatory and Technology.
- Naturally Derived Adjuvants for Effective Drone Application: Mr. Shrikant Aherkar, Lead Scientist: Stepan Agricultural Solutions, Singapore. The presentation given details about company’s innovative chemical solutions for different formulations, giving superior benefits in drone applications.
- Agrochemical Products coming Off Patent in next Ten Years: Mr. Lawrenece Middler, Senior Analyst, IHS Markit. The presentation gave brief overview about mechanism about patent protection; data exclusivity (on registration data); leading active ingredients expiring its patent period during 2020-2030 (Herbicides, Insecticides & Fungicides). Also given brief on product-wise details of patent holder, launching year; product type etc.
- • New age registered Bio-stimulants as per FCO: Mr. Reza Jivani, Director, Vikas Crop Care. The company being India’s largest manufacturing group for mineral based granules, which is basic requirement for almost all agri-input companies in India, given information about its capabilities, products and manufacturing facilities.
Above presentations greatly helped participants in gaining knowledge on Global Agrochemicals market and emerging trends in Agrochemical business. With greater participation by key players in Global Agrochemical market, the participants appreciated the event.
THIRD PMFAI-SML AGCHEM AWARDS 2022
Coinciding with ICSCE 2022 Dubai, the Third “PMFAI-SML Annual Agchem Awards 2022” was held on 14th February 2022 evening at Le Meridien Hotels & Conference Centre, Dubai. PMFAI-SML Agchem Awards was instituted from 2018 to recognize and honour outstanding achievements in Indian Agrochemical Industry and remarkable contributions, which helps Sustainable growth of Agriculture.
“PMFAI – SML Agchem Annual Awards” which made remarkable beginning in 2018 with permanent sponsorship by M/s. Sulphur Mills Limited, one of the globally known leading Indian Agrochemical Company.
The Awards Function was attended by 500 plus persons. The Award Committee of independent panel of judges consisting of scientists and professionals scrutinized the award applications to decide winners in different categories of awards. Given below are Winners in different categories of awards in Third PMFAI-SML Annual Agchem Awards 2022.
- Export Excellence Award: Small-Scale – Winner AgriLife
- Export Excellence Award: Medium Scale – Winner Sandhya Organic Chemicals Pvt. Ltd.
- Export Excellence Award: Large-scale (Runner Up) Punjab Chemicals & Crop Protection Ltd.
- Export Excellence Award: Large-scale Winner Hemani Industries Limited
- Best Emerging Company: Small-scale – Winner Indo Bogher Plant Science (P) Ltd.
- Best Emerging Company: Medium-scale Runner up Dharmaj Crop Guard Ltd.
- Best Emerging Company: Medium-scale Winner Spectrum Ethers Pvt. Ltd.
- Fastest Growing Company: Large-scale Best Agrolife Limited
- Successful Company of the Era (with presence of more than 20 years): Runner up The Scientific Fertiliser Co. Pvt. Ltd.
- Successful Company of the Era (with presence of more than 20 years): Winner Heranba Industries Limited
- Global Company of the year: Winner Meghmani Organics Limited
- Company of the Year: Medium-scale – Winner Agrow Allied Ventures Pvt. Ltd.
- Company of the Year: Large-scale – Runner up Insecticides (India) Limited
- Company of the Year: Large-scale – Runner up Bharat Rasayan Limited
- Company of the Year: Large-scale – Winner Tagros Chemicals of India Ltd.
- Most Innovative Campaign & Product Development initiative for Traders & Farmers – Winner Coromandel International Ltd.
- Outstanding Innovation – Chemical Synthesis: Winner Willowood Chemicals Pvt. Ltd.
- Outstanding Innovation – Crop Solutions: Runner Up Agri Biochem Research Lab (Unit of Pushpa J. Shah)
- Outstanding Innovation – Crop Solutions: Winner Sea6 Energy Private Ltd.
- Social Responsibility Excellence Awards: Winners NACL Industries Limited Tagros Chemicals of India Ltd. Hemani Industries Limited
- Lifetime Achievement Award – Winner Shri Deepak Shah, Chairman & Managing Director, Sulphur Mills Ltd.
The Award Function was followed by entertainment program, cocktails and dinner reception.